Following last year’s successful debut, the 12 Days of Christmas Virtual 5K is back! Give yourself an early present and celebrate the holidays by participating in the Governor’s Cup 12 Days of Christmas Virtual 5K. Beginning on Dec. 12 and going through Dec. 23, runners will have 12 days to complete their own virtual 5K and post their time. Runners who post their time during those 12 days will be entered into drawings for giveaways. The virtual event is limited to the first 500 people who sign up.
What do runners get for registering? Thanks for asking. All registered runners will receive a commemorative race beanie and a finishers medal. Your race swag will be available by early December, meaning you can complete your 5K in your stylish new beanie. Additionally, all registration dollars go to the Caring Foundation of Montana, which helps provide access to health care services to Montanans.
Why should you do a virtual run in December? Well, why not? It’s a great way to cap your fitness goals for the year and give yourself one final push before all those holiday cookies. Plus it’s a virtual run because in December odds are it will be rather cold here in Helena. Like, really cold. With snow and wind. Runners can avoid the elements and run on a treadmill. Or not. It’s up to you! Runners will also be able to complete their 5K on their own if they would like, away from crowded start and finish lines. There is the possibility we’ll host an in-person race for the Helena-area runners. We’re still working out the details and will share those once we have made a final decision.
So chart your own 5K course and take part in the Governor’s Cup 12 Days of Christmas Virtual 5K. The Governor’s Cup asks runners to please practice safe running habits if you choose to run outside.
- Registration runs through Nov. 19, 2021.
- Registration is limited to the first 500 runners.
- All runners will receive a commemorative beanie and finishers medal.
- Runners will have 12 days, from Dec. 12-23, to post their 5K time.
- Helena-area runners will either have their beanie and medal mailed to them or there will be a packet pick-up event. Details of the local packet pickup option will be sent out in the middle of November.
- Out-of-town registrations will have their beanie and medal mailed to them the first week of December.
- We are working on having an in-person race for Helena-area runners. We’ll share details once we have made a final decision.