Give yourself an early present and celebrate the holidays by participating in the Governor’s Cup 12 Days of Christmas Virtual 5K. Beginning on Dec. 12 and going through Dec. 23, runners will have 12 days to complete their own virtual 5K and post their time. Runners who post their time during those 12 days will be entered into drawings for giveaways. The virtual event is limited to the first 500 people who sign up. Register today by clicking here.
What do runners get for registering? Thanks for asking. All registered runners will receive a commemorative race beanie and a finishers medal that can double as a Christmas tree ornament. Your race swag will be available by early December, meaning you can complete your 5K in your stylish new beanie. Additionally, all registration dollars go to the Caring Foundation of Montana, which helps provide access to health care services to Montanans.
We’re going virtual for a couple reasons. First and foremost, for your health and safety. Runners will be able to complete their 5K on their own, away from crowded start and finish lines. Plus, it’s December and odds are it could be rather cold here in Helena. Like, really cold. With snow and wind. Runners can avoid the elements and run on a treadmill. Or not. It’s up to you!
So, chart your own 5K course and take part in the Governor’s Cup 12 Days of Christmas Virtual 5K. The Governor’s Cup asks runners to please practice safe running habits if you choose to run outside, as well as follow social distancing guidelines.
- Registration runs through Nov. 13, 2020.
- Registration is limited to the first 500 runners.
- All runners will receive a commemorative beanie and finishers medal.
- Runners will have 12 days, from Dec. 12-23, to post their 5K time.
- Helena-area runners will either have their beanie and medal mailed to them or there will be a packet pick-up event. Local packet pickup event will be based on the conditions of the pandemic at that time.
- Out-of-town registrations will have their beanie and medal mailed to them the first week of December.
Running in December in Montana takes a different type of mentality than the summer. With that in mind, we thought the race swag should be a bit different as well. Which is why everyone who registers receives a stylish (and warm) beanie. The finishers medal will come with a ribbon, but we also think it would look pretty cool as an ornament on a Christmas Tree.
Plus, we’re going to be giving away scarfs to lucky winners during registration and throughout the 12 days of the virtual event.