Are you heading to Helena, Montana for the Governor’s Cup or are you already signed up? Check out Visit Helena for places to stay, things to do and places to go while you’re here. The website features information about lodging, campgrounds, food and drink, events, attractions, tours, car rentals, shopping, other services and travel information. As you’ll find out, Helena is not only home to the Governor’s Cup, but also amazing outdoor opportunities, a plethora of historical sites and more. Montana’s capital city is located centrally with easy access to and from larger cities like Missoula, Bozeman and Great Falls – all less than a 2-hour drive away. The city also is located almost directly between Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park.
Also, be sure to visit Jefferson County, while you’re in town for the race. The marathon, half marathon and marathon relay all start in Jefferson County, which is home to some great recreational opportunities, unique sites and history, events and unique dining opportunities. Click here to learn more.
Additional Travel and Tourism Information
- Montana’s Official State Travel Website
- Helena Regional Airport
- Why here? Why now? National exposure puts Helena in the spotlight
- Helena ranked 10th on list of state capitals worth visiting
- Prickly Pear Land Trust Trail Maps (A complete guide to Helena’s widely recognized trail system)
- Bike Helena (Mountain biking maps, suggested rides, event calendar, and more)
- Southwest Montana (Great tourism information about the entire region)
- Helena History (Helena As She Was: Great photos and articles about the city’s past)
- Downtown Helena (Home to the state’s only outdoor, downtown walking mall and more)
- Helena Chamber (Download a visitor’s guide and a street map among other things)
- Discover Jefferson County