It’s our winter run but with a new name. Welcome to the Caring Foundation of Montana Frosty 5K, slated to be held on Dec. 9 at Centennial Park in Helena. This is an in-person race, but not to worry, there is a virtual option as well. Give yourself an early present and celebrate the holidays by participating in our Frosty 5K. Registration is only $25 and the race will be capped at 500 people.
Beanies Are Back! All registered runners will receive a commemorative beanie, a finisher medal, and race bib. Local runners will pick up their race swag at the in-person event on Dec 9. For those who choose the virtual run, your swag will be mailed to you the week of Dec. 11.
Supporting Montana’s Health: All registration dollars go to support the Caring Foundation of Montana, which helps provide access to preventive health care services to Montanans. These services include vaccines, oral and vision screenings, sports physicals, and other health screenings.
Should I Run In December? Of course you should! It’s a great way to cap your fitness goals for the year and give yourself one final push before all those holiday cookies. And, if you don’t want to brave the elements (odds are it will be cold here in Helena) runners can avoid them and run on a treadmill with the virtual option. Or head outside. It’s up to you! For those who want to take on whatever Mother Nature brings, here are the details for the in-person run:
- In-person race will start at 1 p.m., with check-in beginning at 12 p.m.
- The course will consist of three laps of the paved loop at Centennial Park.
- Chip timing will be available courtesy of Competitive Timing.
- Hot chocolate will be provided, as well as water at the finish line.
- Holiday music will be playing and runners are encouraged to dress up in Santa suits, ugly sweaters, etc.
- Wreaths will be awarded to the top three male and female finishers.
Important Race Details
- Registration is limited to the first 500 runners.
- All runners will receive a commemorative beanie, finisher medal, and commemorative race bib.
- The Frosty 5K is an in-person race with a virtual option.
- The in-person 5K will take place at Centennial Park on Dec. 9 with the race starting at 1 p.m.
- Helena-area runners have three opportunities to pick up their race gear:
- Dec. 5 at Ten Mile Brewery from 4-6 p.m.
- Dec. 7 at the Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Montana building from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Dec. 9 at Centennial Park from 11:30 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
- Out-of-town registrations will have their race swag mailed to them the week of Dec. 11.